Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Why?

I posted on Facebook the other day a status of "Kathy MacKenzie wonders why?" and today, here, I am going to try and explain. There are so many things going on right now that I just don't understand. I don't understand why my beautiful, loving, friend is so sick and seems to be going through one valley after another. I can't help but wonder and ask God why? I know that he has a perspective that we don't but that doesn't stop me from wondering why. I also wonder why she has such courage and such humor in the midst of such difficult times. I actually know the answer to that, it is God the one and only. I do wonder if I would be as full of grace as she has been if I were in her shoes.

One other thing I don't understand is why people can be so critical. I know we all have opinions but it seems like we are letting our opinions control our attitudes and our mouths. There is nothing wrong with sharing our thoughts and feelings but it seems like we as a whole are sharing more and listening less. I am taking this completely out of context but as I am pondering this thought I can't help but think back to Richard's last point on Sunday where he said that sometimes we just need to "shut up". If we want to be different and make a difference we need to stop talking, stop criticizing, stop judging and start acting in a way that pleases God and not ourselves! I am preaching to myself on this one!

The other thing I wonder is why we think it is all about "me". It seems like the whole world is in "me" mode. How does this make "me" feel? How does this make "me" look? Where is the place for "me"? Why didn't you think of "me"? Well guess what, it isn't about "me", it is about God. It is about how God can work through "me". My prayer is for "me" to get out of the way so that God can actually work!

Anyway, that is just a few of the things that I wonder. What do you wonder why about?

3 comments:

MacKenzie said...

Let me give you "my" thoughts about it. We live in a "me" world. We see it with our kids - give "me" that thing. "I" was playing with it first, etc. Let me tell you "my" story about that subject that you started talking about. But you are right, I should shut-up more often. I'll start now....

Alison said...

I only wish I had half of the servants heart that you do!!

Unknown said...

Kathy, it's been an honor to pray with you through some of these things. We all struggle against "I". I think when we get a God vision and move forward with that we'll be so excited we won't be as worried about "me" anymore!