Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer Break

Well. I am blogging now with the rest of you. Enjoy or don't, it is up to you.

I am not a very wordy person so this is probably a waste of time but here goes anyway.

The topic for today is I hate how short our summer break is.

Why do our kids have to go back to school in just 3 weeks? I know they have been out since the end of May and it is "time" for them to go back but for goodness sakes, it is still Summer! Kids are supposed to be home during the Summer so they can play and swim and just have fun. We haven't had any time to just kick back and do nothing for weeks on end. Also, aren't they supposed to be getting on my nerves so I want them to go back to school? This is one of the few times that I actually wish that I homeschooled my kids. I know that we have other breaks that justify going back this early but in my mind school is not supposed to start until September. I love everything about Alabama except for the fact that they steal the joys of Summer from my children.

Well, I am off of my soapbox for now so that I can go and play with my kids. I may post again. But then again, maybe not.

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

Yes, this summer has flown by. Let's cram in a bunch of goofing off these last few days!